Secure Approval for your Workplace Wellness Plan
The following key actions are recommended for this step:
- Present the workplace wellness plan to your senior leaders for approval.
- Highlight how employee health, safety and well-being outcomes and organizational results are linked; how the activities planned will help achieve positive results; the roles of management and employees and the new practices required to achieve the proposed workplace wellness goals.
- Discuss and confirm how your senior leaders will demonstrate their commitment and support for workplace wellness in the organization
- Make any adjustments required to your plan based on your senior leader’s recommendations.
- Communicate the approval of the final plan to all of your stakeholders
- Create an opportunity for your senior leaders to announce the workplace wellness plan and in doing so, recognize the contribution of those involved in preparing the plan, reinforce why the organization is committed to workplace wellness, share the key activities being implemented to help create a wellness-supporting environment, and encourage employee participation
Find more information, tools and resources to help you below:
- Workplace Wellness – A Roadmap for your Journey (presentation)
Created by the Workplace Wellness Movement
- Build a Brand They’ll Love: How to Create a Compelling, Consistent Experience with Your Employee Health and Wellness Strategy
Published by Virgin Pulse
- Motivation for employers to carry out workplace health promotion – Summary of Literature Review
By the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA)
- Workplace Health Playbook By the American Heart Association
- Workplace mental health promotion – How-to-Guide By CMHA Ontario
A workplace wellness case studies by the Conference Board of Canada